In case you haven’t noticed, smoothies are ALL the rage right now. Actually, they have been for some time. And for good reason! Drinking smoothies (the real food kind) is an amazing way to pack a powerful punch of nutrition into your daily diet. They are also incredibly customizable – there are SO many different options for bases, mix-ins, etc. Seriously, the possibilities are endless. With all of the options out there though, it can sometimes be tough to know where to begin! I personally love to experiment with new smoothie recipes from time to time, but it’s nice to have a go-to recipe that I always have all the ingredients for, which makes it so much easier to always have something healthy handy. Here is my favorite smoothie recipe to get your wheels turning. You can change up the fruit and greens you include or leave out the yogurt and replace it with almond or coconut milk if you avoid dairy. You can also add extras like matcha powder, coconut oil, or other awesome superfoods to kick it up an even bigger notch! Bottom line, you should definitely be enjoying a smoothie or two (or 5!) throughout your week. Your body and health will thank you!
Ps – smoothies are always a BIG hit with kiddos! Mine all LOVE when I make smoothies, and especially love helping me make them. It’s the perfect way to sneak more highly nutritious superfoods into their diet, particularly if you’ve got a picky eater on your hands. Be sure to ask them what they like – or better yet, what they’d like to try! You might be surprised with the recipes they come up with! I’ve found involving them in the process of preparing healthy food to eat is a fantastic way to instill value for healthy eating and healthy living within them.
Do you have any favorite smoothie recipes or ingredients you love? Do you regularly include smoothies in your diet? I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 whole banana
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/2 cup plain organic yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
- There are endless ways you can customize this recipe to tailor it to your tastes and preferences. You can swap out the variety of fruit and greens, swap out the flaxseed for another healthy fat like coconut oil, or include your favorite nut butter for a little protein boost. Coconut or almond milk, or coconut yogurt can replace the plain yogurt if you avoid dairy.